23 January 2019

My Job Smart experience


Arriving in a different country is always accompanied by its share of challenges. The decision to come to Australia for my Masters has been a hugely gratifying experience, but there have been some very challenging situations that demanded extreme use of my abilities and patience.


For instance, finding a platform to learn the practical aspects of a particular field can be very challenging, especially when you're in an altogether different country where making contacts and networking requires great effort, both physical and mental. Even a single opportunity can be very rewarding in such cases. Job Smart helped me immensely by providing such opportunities.




My primary reason for joining Job Smart was to gain relevant practical experience and become comfortable in a professional setting. Though I have been a professional in Accounting & Finance for over 3 years now, I believe that the scope to learn and grow is unlimited and to find a platform like Job Smart was indeed very reassuring.


The opportunities that Job Smart provides are very resourceful with respect to my Majors and have helped me understand concepts more deeply. After successfully completing Phase 2 of Job Smart, I got to be a part of Global Scope Program which was my first ever relevant Australian work experience.


The best part was getting to know professionals and their way of working in the industry. Interacting with like-minded people, discussing ideas with those who had different viewpoints, and communicating outside my immediate circle has allowed me to become more expressive and develop the art of understanding different theories and making others understand mine, which enabled me to be a great team player. The most important lesson I learned during the Job Smart program was the importance of working as a team and keeping the team’s interest first.




Phase 3 of Job Smart is, in my opinion, the the greatest benefit and challenge as it takes you through the entire process of applying for your dream job, equipping you with the skills required for it. The icing on the cake is that if you do well and are consistent, you get a chance to undertake a 3-month internship in your relevant field (I am due to start mine this summer).

I would like to encourage other students to join Job Smart for the reason that the opportunities provided will certainly prove to be very useful. In addition, be sure to capitalise on every chance to refine your knowledge and skills because the market is a competitive one and the person who keeps up with it is ultimately rewarded.


Written by Harshita Sharma

Want to get job ready? Register for Job Smart here.

No comments:

Post a Comment