10 November 2011

On The Verge

I’m finally coming to the end of my Master of Management studies and am really looking forward to the exciting career challenges that lie ahead.

I’m set to encounter the first of them when I commence my graduate position role with Clemenger BBDO - one of the world’s largest advertising firms - early next year. Having originally come from an arts background and not having had the opportunity to be exposed to a wide spectrum of business models prior to undertaking my Masters of Management, it’s a position I couldn’t even have imagined myself applying for 12-months ago.

The good news is that the hands-on industry experience made possible by the Masters of Management schedule will ensure I really hit the ground running. Not only has it exposed me to many different business types and practical work environments, it’s also definitely helped me develop a really good understanding of where my business aptitudes lie. I think this is something that’s particularly important. As a result, I’ve developed a real interest in areas like consultancy and account management, and now have a strong idea about how I can apply the skills I’ve acquired throughout the course.

In terms of my new role at BBDO, I'm not exactly sure what lies in store. As a graduate, I imagine I’ll initially be exposed to a wide range of company roles, thereby enabling me to get a really solid feel for what the company does as well as what their clients need and expect. And with the advertising industry being one that’s closely linked to things like politics and society, I just know there’ll be many fascinating aspects and nuances to become familiar with. It’s certainly a great opportunity and a fantastic way to start my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment